Beware of depression symptoms that arise in Our Children is usually common in adults who feel the pressure or overload of the mind. But who would have thought, if depression could also occur in children?
In its development, children really want to have a state of heart that is easily changeable or named as moody-an. In one period they can look discouraged and upset, then not long and then they will be fine.
If your child seems to be constantly discouraged or discouraged until he provokes his activities, it can be great that he is feeling a childhood depression. Childhood depression is a serious mental health situation in children that must be addressed immediately using medical care.
What are the differences in stress and depression in children to be wary of symptoms of depression?
Stress and depression are common situations that are not uncommon and can occur at any age. But not a few people who look at stress and depression are the same business. In fact, these two matters are different.
Stress is often caused by the amount of pressure from outside and inside a person. Stress can be present in certain conditions, for example when children do not get enough sleep, the impact of parenting, pressure from association and so on. As with adults, stress in children can create them the more energy they face challenges, but on the other hand, stress can even break their motivation. If your child feels stress that has been missed from the normal limit, they will be vulnerable to feeling depressed. Therefore we beware of depression symptoms that arise in our children
Whereas depression is a mental illness characterized by mood disorders that provoke feelings, thinking techniques, and behave to the extent that creating our child has so many emotional and physical problems. Depressed people will drain their energy because they enjoy prolonged discouragement and feel unable to see the likes of before. That is why, their energy will end to fight itself. In a number of cases, depression is present without stress.
What are the phenomena of being wary of depressive symptoms in children?
Symptoms of depression in children can vary to the extent that each person does not often have the same phenomenon. It depends on the child and his mood disorders. Often times, depression in children is undiagnosed and untreated because it is not aware of the phenomenon caused. The following are a number of common depressive phenomena in children and ways to beware of depression symptoms that arise such as:
- Being easily offended even wants to go berserk.
- Often feel discouraged and empty because they see that their lives are meaningless.
- Appetite increases because trying to cool down or not enough appetite because the whole food is not tasty.
- Having a break is not like enough rest or too little rest that occurs each day.
- Difficulty concentrating to the point that results in a complete decrease in achievement at school.
- Loss of interest and interest in work that he often likes.
- There are physical complaints such as abdominal pain or headaches.
- Difficulty interacting with different people to the point that it is unique from the social environment.
- Interested in death which is not unusual for committing suicide.
- Throw away his favorite merchandise, and usually write if people are better off without it.
- Experiencing accompanied anxiety is not uncommon to do repetitive behaviors and enjoy excessive pacing.
- Looks weak and not energetic enough because it does not lose a little energy from crying.
- Make critical and cynical comments about themselves and feel pessimistic, hopeless and not useful that is excessive..
It is important to know how to beware of depression symptoms that arise, the phenomenon of depression in children is actually different. Some children who feel depression can still mix with their social environment. But not a few children who feel depression will feel the evolution of the most striking social activities.
Techniques to overcome depression in children?
If our child has a depressive phenomenon that has been running for about two weeks, we must schedule traffic to the doctor immediately. This was done to ensure the mental health of the child.
There is no exclusive test – medical or psychological – that can clearly indicate depression in the child. But questionnaires (both for children and parents) and interviews with a careful and careful psychiatrist can help create an accurate diagnosis.
Basically, if your child really feels depression, the treatment will be similar to depression in adults. They will be carried out psychotherapy (counseling) and treatment. The best studies to date indicate that a combination of psychotherapy and healing is a very effective way to beware of depression symptoms and treat depression in children.